Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Poisoned!

As a young sprog I enjoyed video games and spent many a happy hour feeding the machines with 10ps to shoot aliens, drive cars, and pick fights.

One of my favourite games was Final Fight, a side scrolling beat-em-up, and of the classics.

As part of my early development I was attracted to the characters of Poison and Roxy - two trollops who kicked arse in hotpants, crop tops and leather biker's caps. Sexy, tarty and badass, a winning combination to a young'un starting puberty.

It was only today that I found out that both are trannies!

A Capcom executive was unhappy seeing women getting beaten up, so the developers made them pre-op TS. When the game went to America they just replaced both characters with two male thugs, but the girls have appeared in other games since

"Let's set the record straight: In North America, Poison is officially a post-op transsexual. But in Japan, she simply tucks her business away to look female."
-Yoshinori Ono


Read more on the strange tale at Wikipedia

2 comments:

Lara Tyg said...

So you know about the Mario sisters too ?

Pandora Caitiff said...

@Lara - LOL! No that's news to me too, although I was aware of the Great Giana Sisters