Sunday, May 07, 2006

Night Terrors

I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. As I was standing there I went dizzy and collapsed. When I was "with it" again, I was on the floor with one arm in the toilet (eeew! but hardly my main concern).

When I'd calmed down a bit I called my mum's boyfriend (the only reliable driver I could think of) and they both ran me up to Accident and Emergency.

After what seems like hours, I got a blood pressure and blood sugar test a once over with the stethoscope, and the thing where they shine lights in your eyes, and get you to follow their finger with your eyes.

Turns out it was just that I wasn't getting enough blood to the brain - kind of an extreme form of when you stand up too quickly and feel dizzy - but with the bruises being on my ribs and near vital organs, and the panic of being alone and worried, it just made it worse.

I'm good now, but I'm going to get as much mileage as I can from showing off the bruises!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really is a fantastic blog – have you considered putting it forward for review? Let me know if you are interested – my email address is:

blog_marketing@yahoo.co.uk